Monday, January 17, 2011

Writer's Workshop "Something unique you love about your significant other"

One of the things I have come to dearly love and admire in my husband is his intense drive to always keep learning and his ability to share that with others. I guess you can tell we are not newlyweds, who says, "wow look at his drive to learn!"? No, we are celebrating our 25th anniversary this year; 4 kids, 6 moves, 3 houses, a college degree, too many job changes to count, emergency room visits, illness, vacations, the marriage of our first child, after 25 years of life you really learn to appreciate the surprises in your relationship.

It is really fun to live with someone who is self educated in many areas and always has something new and interesting to share. I have learned more from my husband than any other person on this planet, just some of the interesting things he has taught me are;
  • how to navigate computer files
  • how a 3 way light switch is wired
  • to appreciate live music
  • how to read a map (the blue lines are not necessarily rivers)
  • to notice the sunset
  • how to live out of a backpack for 3 days
  • to enjoy 4 wheeling, even when the car tilts
  • how to fix a leaking toilet (OK, this one I learned by default because I got tired of waiting for him to fix it)
  • how to grow tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers
  • how to build a raised bed using rocks from our yard
  • to enjoy snow
  • to find peace in nature
  • to look up words in the dictionary when I find one I don't know
  • that camping can be fun and dirty at the same time
  • the joy of traveling and learning about a new place and culture
  • that children are worth giving up everything for
  • that spiritual worship isn't about having fun
  • to set your goals high and expect greatness from yourself
  • to mean what I say, especially when threatening our kids
  • How to load and shoot a gun (not necessarily related to the last statement)
Happy 25th to my honey, I love you and thanks for all you have taught me!

No comments:

Post a Comment